Sometimes, the world just calls for something pretty. I have a weird love for icing bags, and icing things in general. It’s one of my favorite things about baking, and I oftentimes try making something that can be iced (I’ve heard you can make cookies with an icing bag?!). However, I’ve lately seen multiple recipes circling around the blog sphere of Lemon Sticky Cake, basically a lemonbar without the crust. I’ve been wanting to try, but haven’t gotten around too. So, the other day when I realized I had a couple of lemons left that needed to be used before going bad, I was thrilled. And surprised. Wow, this cake was SO easy to make (honestly) and highly appreciated. As much as I love chocolate, it is nice to sometimes be able to switch it up, and this cake will definitely become my go to. But then, I realized, there was nothing to ice. So, I made a lime, cream cheese frosting to decorate it with, and used that as a substitute for serving it with whipped cream. I then went a little crazy with different sprinkles I found, just because sometimes you just need a cake that makes you happy. Again, there are multiple recipes on this cake – here’s my version. Enjoy!
Recipe / Recept
Cake / Kaka
3 small lemons / 3 små citroner
3 eggs / 3 ägg
1.5 sticks of butter / 150 gram smör
0.8 cups of flour / 2 dl mjöl
1.2 cups of sugar / 3 dl socker
1 tsp vanilla / 1 tsk vaniljsocker
Frosting / Frosting
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream / 0.75 dl vispgrädde
1 package of light cream cheese / 1 paket cream cheese light
1 cup icing sugar / 2.5 dl florsocker
3 limes, peel and juice / 3 lime, skal och saft
0.5 tsp vanilla / 0.5 tsk vaniljsocker
1. Preheat the over to 340 F. / Sätt ugnen på 175 grader.
2. Peel and juice the lemons. / Riv skalet och pressa saften från citronerna.
3. Melt the butter. / Smält smöret.
4. Remove from the heat. / Ta bort från plattan.
5. Mix in all other ingredients. / Blanda i alla andra ingredienser.
6. Bake in a spring form. / Grädda i en form med löstagbara kanter.
7. Bake for about 20 min. / Grädda ca 20 min.
8. Let cool. / Låt svalna.
9. Whisk the cream for the frosting. / Vispa grädden till frostingen.
10. Mix in all other ingredients. / Blanda i alla andra ingredienser.
11. Ice the cake. / Frosta kakan.
12. Done! / Klart!
2 thoughts on “Lemon Sticky Cake with Lime Frosting – Citron Kladdkaka med Lime Frosting”
This is a pretty cake! I really do enjoy a citrus-flavored cake. The flavor is so vibrant, A real treat.
Thank you! Yeah, sometimes you feel like something fresh instead of something too sweet! 🙂