I feel like I start most of my posts with “I love…” and then whatever I’ve baked follows. And I must say that I really do like a lot of the things I make (that’s why I make them) which is a reason for the very few pies here on the blog… Nonetheless, cookies I think could be a hit or miss, since a really good, chewy chocolaty-chunky chocolate chip cookies can be one of the most delicious things ever. Although, there are quite frequently moments where the cookies are dry, hard and crunchy, which is why I like the texture of oatmeal raisin cookies. Despite this I have come to be a sucker for chocolate, so why not combine the best of two worlds? These cookies are a little crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside – clearly won’t disappoint.
Recept / Recipe (Can be halved if you don’t want plenty some of cookies)
1 cup of butter / 225 g smör
0.75 cups of brown sugar / 1.8 dl muscavado socker
0.75 cups of white sugar / 1.8 dl vanligt socker
2 eggs / 2 ägg
1 tsp vanilla / 1 tsk vaniljsocker
1 cup of flour / 2.5 dl mjöl
0.5 tsp of baking soda / 0.5 tsk bikarbonat
1 tsp of salt / 1 tsk salt
3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats / 7.5 dl havregryn
1.25 cups of chocolate chips / 3 dl chocolate chips
1.Preheat the oven to 325 F. / Sätt ugnen på 165 grader.
2. Mix together sugars and egg. / Blanda samman ägg och socker.
3. Mix in everything else except chocolate chips. / Blanda i allt annat utom chocolate chipsen.
4. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips. / Blanda försiktigt i chocolate chipsen.
5. Roll smaller balls, about 1 large tablespoon worth of dough. / Rulla mindre bollar, typ 1 stor matsked med deg.
6. Spread out on the baking thin! / Sprid ut på plåten!
7. Bake until they have become round, but not flat, about 10 min. / Grädda tills de blivit runda men inte platta, ca 10 min.
8. Let cool. / Låt svalna.
9. Enjoy!! / Njut!!
Can be kept in the freezer! / Kan förvaras i frysen!