Ok, I’ve been pondering whether or not to post this recipe, mostly because Falukorv is unavailable in the US (it really is, I’ve tried so hard). Although, since this is my foodblog, I feel an urge to post this recipe because Falukorv is one of the very few things I can really crave when I’m not at home. It’s been one of my favorite dishes since I was a child (it’s not only one dish but multiple dishes you can make of it…). Falukorv is a Swedish sausage that comes from the north of Sweden that is half smoked, and I know many people compare it with the German Bologna sausage (don’t personally think it’s comparable, but, you know…). This dish I made when one of my closest friends Anna Meh came and visited Sweden, to let her experience a piece of my childhood. I was very impressed that she dared to try it, and liked it, since I’m not a fan of sausage in other countries. Nonetheless, here’s the recipe – if you ever get a chance to try… It’s amazing :).
Recipe / Recept
1 Falukorv / 1 Falukorv
Big tomatoes / Stora tomater
mustard of choice / valfri senap
cheese of choice (sharp cheddar is great) / valfri ost (stark cheddar är supergott)
Mashed Potatoes / Potatismos
potatoes / potatis
milk / mjölk
butter / smör
salt / salt
white pepper / vitpeppar
1.Preheat the oven to 400F. / Sätt ungen på 200 grader.
2. Slice the tomatoes thinly. / Skär tomaten i tunna skivor.
3. Make cuts in the sausage. / Skär skåror i korven.
4. Fill the sausage with tomatoes and mustard. / Fyll korven med tomater och senap.
5. Place slices of cheese on top. / Lägg på skivor med ost.
6. Bake for about 30 min. / Grädda i ca 30 min.
7. Boil the potatoes. / Koka potatisen.
8. Mash it with milk, butter, white pepper and salt after taste. / Mosa med mjölk, smör, vitpeppar och salt efter smak.
9. Done! / Klart!
3 thoughts on “Swedish FALUKORV with Mashed Potatoes – Gratinerad Falukorv med Potatismos”
I’ve never seen anything like this before.. It looks delightful! ☺
haha, very typical Swedish – and delicious 🙂 🙂