Potatoes is something I very rarely cook. Not because I don’t like it – quite the opposite. It’s just that potatoes are never what inspires me when I’m in the store, there are always so many other things I come across that I want to try. Although, small, fresh potatoes are so good, and if not just boiled with some dill (yes, that is for sure a Swedish thing) you can roast them in the oven…. It takes some time, and I think that’s another reason to why I don’t make oven roasted potatoes that often. Although, they cook themselves, and you can prepare something else (or do dishes) while they cook in the oven. Here, they’re prepared with tomatoes, olive oil, salt and basil….
Recipe / Recept
Potatoes and tomatoes / potatis och tomater
olive oil / olivolja
fresh basil / färsk basilika
salt / salt
1. Preheat the oven to 440 F. / Sätt ugnen på 225 grader.
2. Cut bigger potatoes in two, rinse and wash all potatoes. / Skär större potatisar i två, skölj och tvätta all potatis.
3. Cut over fresh basil. / Klipp över färsk basilika.
4. Add olive oil, not too much. / Tillsätt olivolja, inte för mycket.
5. Add salt. / Salta.
6. Mix. / Blanda.
7. Cook in the oven for about 35 min, or until golden. / Tillaga i ugnen i ca 35 min, eller tills gyllene.
8. Done! / Klart!